On the afternoon of September 29, 2016, the Plenary Session of China Section of BRICS Business Council was convened in Ocean Plaza, Beijing.
The meeting was attended by all the five council members of the China Section:
- Xu Lirong, Chairman of COSCO SHIPPING
- Wang Yupu, Chairman of Sinopec Group
- Tian Guoli, Chairman of Bank of China Limited
- Lu Yimin, Vice Chairman and President of China Unicom
- Xie Biao, E.V.P of Sinomach
Capt. Xu Lirong was elected as the Chairman of China Section of BRICS Business Council by unanimous voting of all the council members.
The meeting reviewed the working report of the Council in last year, adopted the Terms of Reference of the China Section, appointed heads and relevant executives in the seven working groups and the secretariat, and fully exchanged views in terms of the development of the Council and BRICS business cooperation.
The meeting was also attended by representatives from 19 member companies of the Council and its working groups.