For purposes of further supporting investment of Chinese enterprises in Burma and Laos, developing the alternative planting of opium poppy, and promoting development of alternative industry, related issues on administration of easy-made poison chemicals exported to Burma and Laos are now announced as follows:
1. Exporters may export easy-made poison chemicals listed in Administrative Regulations on Easy-made Poison Chemicals to overseas enterprises with Chinese capitals established in Burma and Laos and approved by administrative departments of Chinese government (hereinafter referred to as overseas enterprises with Chinese capitals), after applying for “Export License of Articles and Technologies of Double Purposes” in accordance with Administrative Regulations of Easy-made Poison Chemicals and Provisional Regulations for Administration on Easy-made Poison Chemicals Exported to Specific Countries (Regions) (hereinafter referred to as Regulations).
2. Exporters exporting easy-made poison chemicals of item 43 to 58 listed in Appendix 1 Category for Administration on Easy-made Poison Chemicals Exported to Specific Countries (Regions) of the Regulations to overseas enterprises with Chinese capital may adopt annual planning auditing system. Exporters shall submit export plan of above easy-made poison chemicals (including variety, quantity, user’s name, purpose, port of declaration as well as means of transportation) exported to overseas enterprises with Chinese capital to provincial departments of commercial administration in the fourth quarter. The provincial departments of commercial administration and departments of public security will carry out preliminary examination and report to Ministry of Commerce. Ministry of Commerce will approve after verifying together with Ministry of Public Security.
3. Exporters shall apply for export permission before real export. Ministry of Commerce shall approved within the annual export planning and inform the provincial departments of commercial administration of going through formalities of “Export License of Articles and Technologies of Double Purposes” for enterprises to go through Customs procedures.
4. Exporters shall set up export machine account of easy-made poison chemicals, recording export status to Burma and Laos and reserving related documents for 2 years as least; meanwhile, exporters shall report export status of easy-made poison chemicals exported to Burma and Laos of last year to Ministry of Commerce in the first quarter.
5. Departments of commercial administration at different levels shall examine and supervise the export status of easy-made poison chemicals together with departments of public security and customs, and report related results to Ministry of Commerce and transmit to Ministry of Public Security and General Administration of Customs as well.
6. For those violating related regulations on administration of easy-made poison chemicals or rules of this announcement, Ministry of Commerce will require to rectify and improve during a certain time limit, and even cancel the approved annual plan and suspend accepting application of new year’s annual plan in accordance with practical situation.
Ministry of Commerce
Ministry of Public Security
General Administration of Customs
Aug 30, 2006