In accordance with related regulations of Administrative Measures on Import and Export of Ozone-Depleting Substances (ODSs, No.278, 2003) jointly released by State Environmental Protection Administration, the former Ministry of Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation and General Administration of Customs, the gross volume of import quotas of controlled chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) and the detergent TCA in 2006 and related matters are now announced as follows for purposes of making good to the international conventions, phasing out the production and consumption of ODSs and encouraging the use of ODSs substitutes.
1. In line with principle of gradually cutting down the consumption of ODSs year by year and actual status of domestic productions and consumption of ODSs, the gross volume of import quotas of the dispersant of MDI CFC-11 (trichlorofluoromethane) and the detergent TCA in 2006 are 380 and 2,200 ton (please refer to Appendix for details).
2. For the time being, 70 percent of the gross volume of import quotas of the dispersant of MDI CFC-11 (trichlorofluoromethane) and the detergent TCA will be distributed, and the other 30 percent will be distributed in accordance with actual demands of both domestic and overseas markets in September of 2006.
3. Enhancing administration on quotas licensing of CFCs and controlling the gross volume of exports of CFC－11, CFC－12 and Halon 1301. Enterprises shall submit the declaration forms of export and the duplicates to National Office of Import and Export Administration of Ozone-Depleting Substances for registration immediately after finishing the contracts.
4. In accordance with Administrative Measures on Import and Export of Ozone-Depleting Substances and Regulations on Strengthening Administration on Import and Export of Ozone-Depleting Substances (No.85, 2000), enterprises applying for import quotas of CFCs and the detergent TCA shall put forward applications to National Office of Import and Export Administration of Ozone-Depleting Substances and then applying for import and export license to license-releasing organs authorized by Ministry of Commerce with Notice of Examination and Approval of Import and Export of Controlled Ozone-Depleting Substances released by Office of Import and Export Administration.
Appendix: Form of Gross Volume of Import Quotas of Controlled Ozone-Depleting Substances in 2006
Ministry of Commerce
State Environmental Protection Administration
May 9, 2006